Monday, September 8, 2014

Spiders

There is a very fuzzy line between rational and irrational fears. Some people (in fact most people) have a rational fear of heights. I'm going to be talking about the irrational fear that the female members of family have.
Let's start with my sister. She lives in the basement of our house and consequently gets to find a lot of spiders. She doesn't kill spiders. She is completely afraid that they will somehow dodge the shoe and jump on her and bite her. This is somewhat rational in my eyes. However, my mom is on a whole new level.
My mom... I don't even know where to start. She can't stand even being in the same room as a spider. She has an amazing ability called spidar. She doesn't even have to look to see a spider. She has just pointed to the side of her directly at a spider before she even sees it on several occasions. It doesn't end there. Oh man it doesn't even come close to ending there. She is afraid that every spider she kills, another spider (most likely a relative) is going to try to come after her in revenge of the first spider. (Taken 2 anyone?) That they hold daily meetings on how best to kill and/or maim my mother. She has woken me up several times at 3 in the morning to have me kill a spider while my dad is out of town. Why is that even a thing!

So yeah, that's the first look into my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment