Monday, September 8, 2014

Crayons

Why does Crayola (there are other crayon companies, but let's face it, crayola is what you think about when someone says crayons) have so many freaking colors. I'm sure they have a whole department who's job it is to come up with new color names. They obviously aren't doing their job right.

I found this link http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/10-worst-crayola-crayon-colors that talks about the 10 worst crayon names.

Let me just talk about my favorites for a second.

...

Flesh? Why in the freaking world would you name a crayon Flesh... It says in the article that they later named it to peach (much more suitable for kids) because of parent complaints.

Purple mountain's majesty. I mean uh... Purple mountains' majesty. Or... Purple mountain majesty. They couldn't decide on the name so they made three names for one color. None of these names are correct to the song either! Why couldn't they just use the correct words from the song! Why not just name it purple mountain majesties? Was that too hard?

Alright, last one.

I like the name for this one. Macaroni and cheese. Except they couldn't decide on a spelling again. There are Six different spellings for this crayon. I mean how many different variations of and can you have? Is it N? Or &? Or -N-? I don't know! Why don't we just use them all! Why be a good company and make such hard and important decisions like what kind of and to use! Lets take the easy and less difficult and not hard and lazy and with less obstacles way out and just use all the names.

Freaking Crayola.

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I didn't read this post.

    We're just looking at this blog as a class.

    You seem like a nice person.

    But I'm busy right now, so I'm sorry. Maybe I'll come back later.

    But I don't want to make any grand promises that I might break. So...

    Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Flesh? Why in the freaking world would you name a crayon Flesh..." I loved this line. It made me smile. It was something I needed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete