Saturday, October 18, 2014

An Ode To Work

So yesterday was my last day at work (cause you know, "Guys I just quit my job :)"), and I thought it might be worth while to share with you some funny quotes or experiences.

So lets start out with a story, Everyday, when my manager leaves for work. she has to take the money we had earned so far that day to the bank and drop it off. One of the employees has to witness it happen and sign a paper saying they witnessed it. So, my manager tells one of my co-workers to follow her to the bank. This is his first time doing it, so he doesn't know what the freak is going on. Anyways, she makes the drop off and leaves to go home. He still doesn't know what's going on, so he starts following her home... Just imagine how bad it would be if you show up at your managers house, having followed her the whole way home... brilliancy at work here guys. But she stopped at Walmart to get some groceries.

"Work like you're being chased by a zombie"

There was a time when I dropped someone's entire meal in front of them... Yep...

"If I didn't know you I would think you were flirting with me"

So when someone gives you a credit card to pay for their meal, you are trained to ask if they wanted a credit card receipt. Sometimes though, if you're really tired, you ask if they want one when they hand you cash.

"I just don't know how to react to you sometimes..."

We legally aren't allowed to serve people through drive through on non-motorized vehicles. So we used to bark at people who would try to come through with bikes or horses or strollers.
Just so you guys know, I have the best trainer ever.

We have this 3 gallon bag of ketchup that we hang on the wall in a container with a nozzle. So in order to change the bag, you need to take the container off the wall to switch the nozzle from the empty bag to the full bag. Well one of the cooks (and my trainer) thought it would be easier to not take it off the wall... Gravity of course took over and there was ketchup everywhere. So me trying to be funny grabbed a knife, and stuck it in the ketchup. Laughing at my joke my trainer went and laid in it looking dead. Pretty chill trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment